CAD/CAM controlled machining of the cast propellers, P brackets and rudders are undertaken to the fine tolerances of their original design, which ensures that the finished components perform as predicted.
Cellular manufacturing based on lean manufacturing principles provides Flexible work cells that can not only deliver our standard range of product through quick changeover, but can also adapt to accommodate a whole range of customer bespoke designs. Our products are manufactured within distinct product cells:
- Shaft Cell, Rudder cell, P bracket Cell, Coupling Cell, Propeller machining & Finishing cell, Robot Finishing Cell, general Turned & Milled component Cell
Having already investedheavily in state of the art multi-tasking, CNC machine tools, (well over £3M to date) we are in the enviable position of being able to offer our customers high quality Stern gear components and systems, at the right cost and lead time.
- Utilizing state of the art machinery that allows single set-up manufacture provides the key to our “Done-in-one” manufacturing philosophy.
- This equipment allows precision parts to be manufactured throughout the full size range of Sterngear components that we produce.
CNC tool-path programs are produced by combining the best from two different programming philosophies: Online & Offline programming.
- Online programming performed at the machine, using operator friendly conversational control systems that deliver medium complexity parts with fast turn-around for manufacture.
- Offline PC based programming & verification software is used for the generation part programs for complex surfaces, such as those used for propeller blade machining, where simultaneous 5 axis movements are required.
Manufacturing material supply is driven and pulled by both, MRP and Vendor supplied Kanban.
- We have a team of experienced manufacturing professionals who provide the engineering support and “know how” to design, manufacturing and customer support; drawing on skills and experience gained not only within the marine, but also other industry sectors such as Automotive, Aerospace, Mould and Die.
- Highly Skilled CNC machine personnel who can get the best from the machines, but just as import is that they really know the product they produce and take a personal pride in what they produce.