We’re excited to be taking delivery of a shaft-driven Marex 360 this month, which we’ll be using as a research and development boat to help us push the boundaries of sterngear and propeller design. We are taking a standard boat and will be optimising it for fuel efficiency, speed, and handling with our bespoke, CFD designed gear.
We’re working with selected supply partners from the marine industry to test their equipment in conjunction with ours so our customers can see the best complete package to meet their goals.
To find out more about partnering with us, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We’ll be sharing the process and results on social media and YouTube later this year, so subscribe to www.youtube.com/user/
On this page, we take you through
- resistance prediction
- optimum reduction ratio selection
- propeller sizing
- hull wake and propeller inflow
- final propeller design
- propeller slipstream and rudder design
- shaft brackets and shaftline design
- as well as what the future holds for prop design and manufacturing