As awareness of the benefits of its unique design and manufacturing capability proliferates through the marine industry, an increasing number of boatbuilders, refit yards and owners are looking to CJR to help solve complex propulsion-related challenges or commission performance-oriented, highly-efficient propulsion packages.
In the last year, 50 vessels commissioned bespoke flow-aligned rudders, which reduce drag and improve efficiency through a twisted profile that’s aligned with a propeller’s flow angles along its entire span. Equally, over 500 projects have benefited from CJR’s computational fluid dynamics and lifting surface theory, to capabilities to design and build optimised propellers and propulsion packages that maximise performance, efficiency and longevity.
“To be blunt, better is better and quality always shines through. We can demonstrate that we have the capability to produce better quality products than most propulsion specialists, and certainly higher quality and higher performing than any other UK manufacturer. With rising operating costs always on the horizon, customers can’t afford to install inefficient products, and more and more boatbuilders are promoting optimised propulsion systems as a specific customer benefit. Our customer base and the complexity of our output is growing because of these factors, demonstrating that the marine industry is becoming more aware of the available opportunities but also the risks that can be easily avoided,” commented Alex Stevens, Technical Sales Manager for CJR Propulsion and CJR Fabrication.
“We can demonstrate that we have the capability to produce better quality products than most propulsion specialists, and certainly higher quality and higher performing than any other UK manufacturer.”
- 50 pairs of CJR flow-aligned rudders for resistance minimisation and optimum performance
- 500 pairs of propellers for production boatbuilders
- 500 complete shaftlines/brackets and rudders to production motoryacht builders
- Two complete sterngear packages to >100ft cClassic yacht refit projects
- Five sets of sterngear–shallow draft hi-speed vessels operating in rivers
- Ten lateral vibration and alignment calculations
- Five noise and vibration studies on superyacht projects
- 100 full computation fluid dynamics studies
- 20 finite element analysis projects
- Five complete sterngear packages to vessels with hybrid electric propulsion
- 25 fast ferry sterngear packages
- Two complete sterngear packages for 40m patrol boats
- Two complete sterngear packages to windfarm support vessels
- 50 complete sterngear packages to pilot boats
“Despite the uncertainty that the ever-looming Brexit is causing, both sides of the CJR family have continued to grow: diversifying our operations, adding new clients, increasing our output and making further advancements in our design and manufacturing services.”